• This topic is locked This topic is locked
91 replies to this topic

#1 Nik Efimov

Nik Efimov

AirSimmer Team

• Administrators
  • 1554 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 07:05 PM

We are happy to announce our product development concept, we call it AirSimmer Core and AirSimmer Live!

At AirSimmer, we have a vision that products need to be live - that is, we want them to be constantly updated, enhanced, extended and refined. In order to achieve this, we decided to split our products into two parts: AirSimmer Core Products and AirSimmer Live!

AirSimmer Core Products

These are going to be the AirSimmer Aircraft. Initially the A320 series, followed later by A330 and A340, and continued thereafter.
The Core products are solely aircraft models. That is, each Core Product will include a high-quality visual model, soundset, flight dynamics and panel (2D and VC).

AirSimmer Live!

AirSimmer Live! is what we decided to call all the Extra features that we are going to supply with our Core Products.
AirSimmer Live! will include all the non-aircraft 'toppings', such as:
Virtual Crew
Professional Pushback Interface
Fuel Planner
SID/STAR Maker
Failure Generator
NetCrew
Advanced ACARS
..and much more

What it means to YOU

Most importantly, each customer who purchases an AirSimmer Core Product is AUTOMATICALLY subscribed to all AirSimmer Live! features FREE OF CHARGE

Continuous Enhancement
By making AirSimmer Live! a parallel product, we are able to continually update its content independently of the Core Products, giving you more and more features for your AirSimmer Product. Furthermore, each AirSimmer Live! Feature will apply to all Core Products.

For example, let's suppose you bought the A320 and then the A330. Shortly after, AirSimmer Live! is updated with, say, an advanced ACARS. In this case, the ACARS will not become part of the newer A330 alone - it will apply to the A320 as well.

By doing this, we try to follow our real-life counterpart manufacturer, which is known for updating older series with new technology rather then re-doing them. For instance, the LCD display-based cockpit was first introduced on the A340-500/600 and then became available on A320 series as well. Essentially, the same concept will apply to AirSimmer.

Personalization
AirSimmer Live! concept will also allow you to truly personalize your AirSimmer Product.
Each element of AirSimmer Live! will be available independently, thus allowing you to select only the features you want. This is useful if you wish to save disk space or to better suit your computer's configuration for optimal performance and FPS rate. Of course, you can always install all of AirSimmer Live! features for the ultimate flight simulating experience.

Personalizing your AirSimmer Product will be similar to the way you personalize a car at a dealership before you buy it, adding the options you need, selecting the colors you want, and so on. There will be one big difference though - the options are free!

....More

AirSimmer Core and AirSimmer Live! product philosophy is only one item of the series of news we have for you. Stay tuned - there is lots more to come, as we continue to gradually uncover what AirSimmer truly is about!

If you have any questions - please feel free to post here - we'd love you to know as much about our Project as possible!

Thank you.

#2 lcddisplay

lcddisplay

• Guests
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 07:27 PM

Hi!

Wow! It seems like Your product is going to be very unique. I just can't wait... From the first day when the AirSimmer project was announced I knew it's going to be something special! I wish You all the best!  ;) Thank You!

#3 Carlos

Carlos

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 07:40 PM

Oh my God!!!!!

Yes sir, understood....

Waiting for this live A320!

Thx. Carlos.
Carlos G-R A. LESO.

http://www.flickr.co...s/25903969@N05/

Intel Core Duo QUAD Q9550 (2.83MHz). GTX 280 graphic Card. 4GB DDR3 1600MHz.

#4 Epikk

Epikk

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Interests:NBA, Flight Sim

Posted 07 August 2007 - 08:06 PM

Very nice concept !!!!
I will go ALL LIVE !!!!  :rolleyes:
Best regards, Fritz Essono
Win7 64RC/FS9.1-FSX SP2/Gigabyte MA790XT-UD4P/Phenom II 955/6Go DDR3/HD 4870X2/Saitek X52/Saitek Pro Pedals/Track IR 5

#5 Cthulhus

Cthulhus

Scholar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Interests:Simulation and Real Aviation

Posted 07 August 2007 - 08:56 PM

View PostEpikk, on Aug 7 2007, 08:06 PM, said:

Very nice concept !!!!
I will go ALL LIVE !!!!  :rolleyes:

Yes !!! It's a real good new !!!
Xavier Jehl
Avionic Online Webmaster

Visit us today at Avionic-Online.com
The number 1 for French Flight Simulation !
Posted Image Posted Image

#6 OSA330

OSA330

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 09:33 PM

So, you'll be doing the A330/A340 family? I don't know if you can answer this but will the A330 be for FS9?

*Please say 'yes'!*

BTW, looking forward to your A32X family! :)

Posted Image
Airbus A380 - The flagship of the 21st Century.

#7 Nik Efimov

Nik Efimov

AirSimmer Team

• Administrators
  • 1554 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 07:15 AM

I don't want to make any false promises. Let's wait until the A320 family is out before discussing specifics of our next projects :)

#8 FlyAway

FlyAway

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 07:28 AM

these are amazing options, but just wondering, will the FSX version need additional cost ?

#9 Nik Efimov

Nik Efimov

AirSimmer Team

• Administrators
  • 1554 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 07:34 AM

No, there is no additional cost for the FSX version of the A320 series

#10 FlyAway

FlyAway

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 08:05 AM

:D thats good.
but what about the delay, why its gonna be released after few months after the FS9 version ? :|

#11 Nik Efimov

Nik Efimov

AirSimmer Team

• Administrators
  • 1554 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 08:10 AM

It requires a lot of effort and changes to make our model fully compatible with FSX. It's not an easy job.
Of course, we could 'delay' the finished FS9 version while we complete the FSX version, but we decided to make the FS9 available earlier.

#12 FlyAway

FlyAway

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 08:48 AM

View PostNik Efimov, on Aug 8 2007, 11:10 AM, said:

It requires a lot of effort and changes to make our model fully compatible with FSX. It's not an easy job.
Of course, we could 'delay' the finished FS9 version while we complete the FSX version, but we decided to make the FS9 available earlier.
thats will include FSX's wing flex feature, right ?
and of course all what we've seen with the defaults FSX's aircrafts like self-shadow etc ?

#13 Nik Efimov

Nik Efimov

AirSimmer Team

• Administrators
  • 1554 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 09:29 AM

affirmative

#14 samdim

samdim

AirSimmer team

• AirSimmer team
  • 898 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 09:30 AM

We have tweaked a lot the models and the compiling system to go beyond the FS2004 limits, once in the FSX all those tricks will no longer work. We need time to re-create our tweaks and -why not- to find new ones. Additionally, the conversion from FS9 to FSX is not direct, it is not sufficient just to re-compile the FS9 model to get it work in the FSX. All the animations should be re-written and re-affected (we have many hundreds of them), the materials should be re-defined, some parts hierarchy rebuilt etc... This is for the models, there is another whole story for the systems...
Wing flexing is a minor feature, the wings flex already in the FS2004 models, I am not sure we are going to use the skin animations for a smoother FSX wing flexing because the wings move quite a little on the A320. We have tried both on the wings - a simple keyframe animation and a skin one with IK and have seen no difference. On the A330 and A340 the wing flexing is very pronounced, skin animation is clearly required. This will be OK in FSX but can create difficulties in FS2004 because it requires cutting each wing into several linked pieces and, in case of a strong deformation, will exhibit angles on the wing edges and can also provoke irregular reflections and shading on the wing surfaces.
Posted Image

#15 MarkRey

MarkRey

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • Interests:Guitar and bass, FS and aviation, scifi

Posted 09 August 2007 - 03:19 PM

Well it all sounds fantastic to me - I really like the 'Live' concept. I'm primarily interested in just plain old normal ops, so I for instance will not install the failures system.

It's looking like a really great product line starting up, the screens are amazing - congratulations  :mellow:  

Regards
Mark
Regards
Mark

#16 ThomasLuethi

ThomasLuethi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Aviation, Army, Travel, Photography and Art

Posted 09 August 2007 - 03:28 PM

Awsome! And Hello!!!

Nik this sounds great cant wait to see this Airbus on my Flightsim! You guy`s set a new age of Flight Sim Products...!

BTW: Why is your Avater Picture so familiar to me :rolleyes: :lol:  

Cheers Thomas

#17 Toma

Toma

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 08:18 PM

Amazing !!  :)   Can't wait
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T6500 2.1 GHz, 4,0Gb RAM, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570, Vista SP2
Posted Image

#18 Pablo

Pablo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 09:38 AM

Hi all!

Well done so far Airsimmer team, your A32s looks like a very interesting product!

Can your reveal us what is that virtual crew, which seems to be a part of Airsimmer Live? Is it like in LDS 767 where you can for example contact ground crew via overhead panel and the first officer can be set to control flaps and such or is it something different?

Do you intend to include a takeoff performance calculator as a part of this product? If I recall right, this information was on the product page before the site was updated.

#19 Nik Efimov

Nik Efimov

AirSimmer Team

• Administrators
  • 1554 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 01:53 PM

The first version of Virtual Crew will consist of F/O, Purser (Cabin Crew) and Ground Crew. In addition to standard items such as pushback, callouts, etc., you'll be able to 'ask' your F/O to read out checklists, cabin crew will advice if they need something, such as galley power, in case you've forgot to turn it on, and ground crew will check the beacon to see if it's rotating before they proceed with the pushback, etc.

Later versions of Virtual Crew will have even more interactivity.

#20 Epikk

Epikk

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Interests:NBA, Flight Sim

Posted 10 August 2007 - 05:02 PM

Wow. Nice !
Best regards, Fritz Essono
Win7 64RC/FS9.1-FSX SP2/Gigabyte MA790XT-UD4P/Phenom II 955/6Go DDR3/HD 4870X2/Saitek X52/Saitek Pro Pedals/Track IR 5