#181 FlapFlanders

FlapFlanders

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Gliding<br />

Posted 27 May 2009 - 06:26 PM

First of all, thank you for your answers !
I fully agree to your explanation, but i think it would be nice, to hear the engines more from the rear speakers than from the front ones, the Cockpit Sound more from the front and so on.
Last but not least, left/right panning in the VC or 2D cockpit.
Hi-dilly-ho-dilly neighboreenos!

#182 pbcmbeez2

pbcmbeez2

Scholar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 11:49 PM

View PostFlapFlanders, on May 27 2009, 02:26 PM, said:

I fully agree to your explanation, but i think it would be nice, to hear the engines more from the rear speakers than from the front ones, the Cockpit Sound more from the front and so on.

yeah that would be nice to hear it from the rear. But not everyone has a full surround sound for their computer.

#183 Kobradelta1000

Kobradelta1000

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 08:05 AM

View Postpbcmbeez2, on Aug 10 2009, 01:49 AM, said:

yeah that would be nice to hear it from the rear. But not everyone has a full surround sound for their computer.
  I have surround sound.... but FSX in combination with the ~ultimate~ X-Fi card, problems would be programmed- so i abandon this feature for less stress on my side  :rolleyes:
Sys:
Intel Quad i7 920@ 3,97GHz /DDR3 OCZ RAM 6GB Tribble Channel
Windows 7 Enterprise 64 Bit/ GeForce 8800Gtx OC2 768MB

#184 aeromar27

aeromar27

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 03:05 PM

View PostKobradelta1000, on Aug 10 2009, 10:05 AM, said:

I have surround sound.... but FSX in combination with the ~ultimate~ X-Fi card, problems would be programmed- so i abandon this feature for less stress on my side  :rolleyes:

Again, in a real airplane you won't hear the engines from behind. You hear the sound waves coming from the fuselage itself. The whole cockpit with its vibrations becomes the speaker. I'll go a bit further even. I would dare to say that pilots hear the engines in MONO sound. If you close your eyes and shut off one engine, you wouldn't be able to tell which is the one that is still running just by the sound of it.

So, no surround sound need there.

#185 ennerishaw

ennerishaw

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 04:26 PM

View Posthhi124, on Mar 9 2009, 09:20 PM, said:

Pressing A/THR over 15 seconds disconnect it along with the A-Floor .. but the fly.by.wire is still active?! How do you fly an 360 with fly by wire xD?

tell me if i am wrong!

You can bypass the FBW by disconnecting it, switching off the FAC1 and FAC2. It's not part of the manual unless FBW fails which it never does
Posted Image

#186 Nik Efimov

Nik Efimov

AirSimmer Team

• Administrators
  • 1554 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 05:37 PM

FBW can only be bypassed in mechanical backup.

Fly By Wire is the architecture, it's not a mode.  What you are referring to are protections. Most are lost in Alternate Law (or Direct), which would allow you do to a barell roll.

#187 aeromar27

aeromar27

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 06:05 PM

View PostNik Efimov, on Aug 17 2009, 07:37 PM, said:

FBW can only be bypassed in mechanical backup.

Fly By Wire is the architecture, it's not a mode.  What you are referring to are protections. Most are lost in Alternate Law (or Direct), which would allow you do to a barell roll.

Exactly. And still, in case of loss of "fly by wire" (dunno how that could happen) would leave you just with rudder (pedals), thrust control and elevator trim (by rotating the trim wheel by hand).... provided you still have Green or Yellow hydraulics (and hopefully a healthy PTU).

#188 Kobradelta1000

Kobradelta1000

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 01:00 AM

View Postaeromar27, on Aug 17 2009, 05:05 PM, said:

View PostKobradelta1000, on Aug 10 2009, 10:05 AM, said:

Again, in a real airplane you won't hear the engines from behind. You hear the sound waves coming from the fuselage itself. The whole cockpit with its vibrations becomes the speaker. I'll go a bit further even. I would dare to say that pilots hear the engines in MONO sound. If you close your eyes and shut off one engine, you wouldn't be able to tell which is the one that is still running just by the sound of it.

So, no surround sound need there.

Yes, thats clear- but sound is not only the engine.....
the whole cockpit vibrates- i am sitting IN the cockpit- not behind of them- a good sound for example (...yes pmdg again  :P ) has the md11- only a very little bit rumbling, airflowsound a.s.o. comes from the back, it makes you feel more beeing in there- as i heard this the first time, i was very nicely surprised- what i want to say is, i don
Sys:
Intel Quad i7 920@ 3,97GHz /DDR3 OCZ RAM 6GB Tribble Channel
Windows 7 Enterprise 64 Bit/ GeForce 8800Gtx OC2 768MB

#189 Vector

Vector

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 11:59 PM

Really looking forward to this product.

#190 Dalton Alves

Dalton Alves

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Avia

Posted 26 September 2009 - 05:13 AM

Hello friends, first I want to congratulate you for the excellent work being done, and I am very anxious for the launch, because I see the project is going perfect. Well, I saw that you were talking here about the accident on the A320 TAM at Congonhas, I am Brazilian, I, like all Brazilians accompany this sad tragedy, which was a major air accident in Brazil. Well, listen to various factors to the cause of the accident, the first runway at Congonhas is very short and without run-off area, even for us simmers, landing there in a very complicated, the time of the accident had rain a lot, a reverse of the aircraft was "pinned", so maybe when the captain tried to use only a reverse and left the other lever in the IDLE position, which we also know is that SPOILERS therefore not triggered the BRAKES Nor, when he saw that he could not stop it he accelerated trying to attack, but without success, because the runway is too short. Well folks today the case is still unsolved. But that's it guys, thank you for the space. A big hug and good luck in you project.
Posted Image
Intel D865PERL   Intel P4 3.0 HT   ATI Radeon AGP HD3850

#191 yohanes

yohanes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 11:28 AM

I can't wait to buy one of this add-on software for sure.. ^_^

Take your time guys.. I know you guys have put so much efforts in doing this.. I really appreciate what you guys are doing.

Best regards,
Yohanes Sugiarto

#192 Guy014

Guy014

Scholar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 03:39 PM

Wishing all the best to the Airsimmer team.. This is one product I'll be buying the moment it's released. :D
Regards,
Erik L.

#193 avrolino

avrolino

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 07:28 AM

i dont know if this has been asked before
Since failure simulation has been implemented , will there be a separate "instructor's" interface , so one person can set failure situations to another ?
You can imagine that since FSX allows the connection of 2 persons  to control the same aircraft (addon program exists for fs9 as well), a third individual can control and monitor their failures and actions. It will promote the product to another level

#194 AirbusFlyer

AirbusFlyer

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 04:49 AM

Yeah that would be great, but i think it will be just a failure generator as in the Level-D 767 or PMDGs.
FS2004 9.1 No-CD || Windows 7 Enterprise 64-Bit|| Intel Core2Duo E6750 @ 3,4 Ghz || ATI Radeon HD5850 || 2GB DDR2-800 RAM || Screen Res. 1: 1680x1050x32 || Screen Res. 2: 1280x1024x32 || Res. in FS: 1680x1050x32 (windowed)

#195 Nik Efimov

Nik Efimov

AirSimmer Team

• Administrators
  • 1554 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 11:24 PM

an instructor's panel is considered. Nothing set in stone yet.

#196 Karel Vanhees

Karel Vanhees

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 09:56 AM

View PostNik Efimov, on 20 October 2009 - 11:24 PM, said:

an instructor's panel is considered. Nothing set in stone yet.

Speaking of failures,
will there be a possible failure scenario of a PRIM flight computer where the SEC ones take over etc.?
Probably a less interesting one then an engine fire,
It's basically more a system redundancy then actual flying skills required from the crew, but very interesting nonetheless!
I had that failure once or twice on the real A340 and found it always fascinating.

BTW Nik and co, so far I am very impressed with the work!
In the future if you guys need any info concerning A330/A340, please contact me!

Best regards,
Karel

#197 Nik Efimov

Nik Efimov

AirSimmer Team

• Administrators
  • 1554 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 08:21 PM

PRIM/SEC is A330/A340-talk

In the A320's, ELACs and SECs are processed differently, and yes, SEC takes over if both ELACs have PITCH or ROLL channel faults (that is either a loss of the ELAC, or the actuator which the ELAC controls).

There are also subtle differences between SEC and ELAC controls. For example, SEC can only do pitch alternate, you can't get PITCH NORMAL LAW on the SECs. Logic is also minorly different at times, but they are largerly identical otherwise, so you won't see much of a behaviour change :)