• This topic is locked This topic is locked
164 replies to this topic

#161 panos95

panos95

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Interests:Basketball (center), Football (goalkeeper), Visual Basic 2008 and a bit of C++

Posted 25 September 2009 - 09:12 AM

View Posta320pilot, on 24 September 2009 - 06:21 PM, said:

Hi, everybody!

I'm a student pilot from Russia, in the future (in about two years) i will have the possibility to join an air company witch operates the Airbus A320 family. Many of you probably know that in our country the situation in the field of aviation training is deplorable, mainly because of the outdated training programs. As you can guess, the short training courses in air companies can not give a deep and systematic knowledge base, so the students reach their seats in the cockpit with a lost expression in their eyes. Well, this is not the subject i wanted to speak about.

I've already had the possibility to prove to myself that flight simulator it's a great instrument when studing. I mean that of course it can't be used as a main source of knowledge, but it really helps when undergoing the theoretical material. So i just want to ask the developers and people that are connected with this product. What do you think about the idea of starting to study the Airbus using this model? I just want to avoid the situation when everything is completelly unfamiliar during the training courses, i want to have at least a minimum knowledge base, so i thought that the Airsimmer model can help me to familiarize with the main aircraft systems, principles and philosophy, and i believe that by studing this model i wouldn't be misinformed.

I have been monitoring the news about the model for a long time, and i really degret that unfortunatelly i hadn't the possibility to buy the test version of the product. But i'm now preparing my computer to the aircraft release, i have installed the flightsim without any addons and i'm also picking documents in expectation that i soon will have the chance to fly your A320 series model. I hope the release is comming soon.

Well, thanks for all!

Hi and welcome to the forums!

I believe you won't be disappointed by this 320 :) As for training, why don't have a look at Smart Cockpit It has many documents concerning the A320

Good luck with your career ;)
Posted Image
[Windows 7-FS9.1]
[Evga 780i SLI - Palit GTX 295 - Intel QX6800 @ 2,93 GhZ- Mushkin 4GB RAM - Velociraptor 300GB + Velociraptor 150GB + WD 750GB]

#162 Flookie

Flookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 09:28 PM

Hi guys,

First post although I've been following the product for a while and I know you're probably quite busy as we near the release but one Question.

The A318 had now begun operating (or soon to not sure) with British airways At London City (EGLC) which has a 5.5 degree glideslope and the A318 deals with this by a 'Steep approach' switch on the overhead I believe. Just wondering if this would be implemented into the final product.

Thanks!

#163 Ryan Briggs

Ryan Briggs

Gone Flyin'

• Customer Support
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2300 posts
  • Interests:Aviation!

Posted 30 October 2009 - 09:52 PM

View PostFlookie, on 30 October 2009 - 09:28 PM, said:

Hi guys,

First post although I've been following the product for a while and I know you're probably quite busy as we near the release but one Question.

The A318 had now begun operating (or soon to not sure) with British airways At London City (EGLC) which has a 5.5 degree glideslope and the A318 deals with this by a 'Steep approach' switch on the overhead I believe. Just wondering if this would be implemented into the final product.

Thanks!

The Steep approach function will be a "Tech addon", Requiring a small fee, at a later date than Release of the A318
Best Regards,
Ryan J. Briggs
AirSimmer Customer Support
Posted Image
C2D E6600@2.4GHz, 2GB DDR2-800 5-5-5-18, WinXP Pro SP2, 8800GTX, eVGA 750i FTW,

#164 Matt_B

Matt_B

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 08:00 AM

Hi all

I just have one quick question. Will this product make use of some kind of aircraft configuration manager where the user will, for example, press "SHIFT+3" to bring up a user interface showing an outline of the aircraft that will enable simple mouse clicks on doors to open/close them or on wheels to install/remove wheel chocks or on engines to install/remove dust covers, etc? I ask about this because this is a feature available with another developers aircraft (I think it was a Captain Sim aircraft, I'm not 100% sure) and I have found it extremely useful instead of assigning new key commands for every new addon aircraft that I purchase and install.

Hoping that someone can assist me with this enquiry.

Kind regards,

Matthew

#165 samdim

samdim

AirSimmer team

• AirSimmer team
  • 898 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 12:10 PM

@Matthew : there will be a kind of what you are talking about. Not exactly like most of the add-ons propose, but it will be quite handy and well integrated into the panel.

P.S. there are no wheel chocks on our model... snif...
Posted Image