#21 conaly

conaly

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 12:45 AM

Hi,
another question: will it be possible to disable the VC? Because I (and I think some other pilots too) don't have a high end PC and a VC would kill the frames.
Regards,
Dimitri Alymow
Painter at SwissAirways VA
Posted Image
Intel Core2Duo E8500 (3,8GHz), 4GB DDR2 1066, HD4850 512MB, Vista 64 (German), FS9.1

#22 Nik Efimov

Nik Efimov

AirSimmer Team

• Administrators
  • 1554 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 07:57 AM

There will be a no-VC version, yes

#23 GNJFB

GNJFB

Scholar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 05:31 PM

Is is gonna be great :D
Posted Image

#24 Skyflyer

Skyflyer

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 05:45 PM

Will you get the NAV ACCURACY downgrade message on the ND display in the FS9 Version.

Lastly, I would like to say thank to the Airsimmer Team for keeping us in the loop as much as you can, I appreciate that very much, its such a pleasure to visit this forum as there is always something new to look forward to.

Keep up the good work, I am sure youre not far off now.

#25 Nik Efimov

Nik Efimov

AirSimmer Team

• Administrators
  • 1554 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 06:55 PM

You will get NAV ACCURACY UPGRADE/DOWNGRADE messages. For example, it will be downgraded if you lose the GPS, and upgraded when it comes back to life.

#26 Skyflyer

Skyflyer

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 08:56 PM

View PostNik Efimov, on Jan 6 2008, 06:55 PM, said:

You will get NAV ACCURACY UPGRADE/DOWNGRADE messages. For example, it will be downgraded if you lose the GPS, and upgraded when it comes back to life.

Excellent, really looking forward to it and thanks for the reply.

#27 Skyflyer

Skyflyer

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 11:26 AM

Hi Nik

You are probaly going to get annoyed with this question, so please forgive me, but can I get some clarification that the FS9 Version of the A320 is going to be released first and that you are not going to hold until it is compatible with FSX?

Thanks

#28 Nik Efimov

Nik Efimov

AirSimmer Team

• Administrators
  • 1554 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 01:02 PM

Affirmative

#29 Duval

Duval

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 06:04 PM

Yes,

To come on this forum is nice because Airsimmer Team always provide us more and more further informations each days about the BabyBus 320!
Thanks a lot.

Look forward to fly the Airbus!!!
Josua Duval

(Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3.0 Ghz, 9800GTX 1024 Mb, 3 Gb Ram, Win XP)

Avionic Online Reviews and Staff Member

Visit us today at Avionic-Online.com
The number 1 for French Flight Simulation !
Posted Image Posted Image

#30 speedwings

speedwings

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 01:52 PM

Wondering if the actual Airsimmer Manual will be available this month or next.
regards

#31 Roberto

Roberto

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 07:18 PM

Hey Speedwings

According to another post, it will be released a few weeks before release.

There is not ETA or R-Day for Airsimmer A320 yet, so we gotta wait.

In the meantime you can read the FCOM or LPC.
Best Regards

Roberto
SJO/MROC

Posted Image

#32 speedwings

speedwings

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 11:16 PM

thanks roberto  ;)

#33 Roberto

Roberto

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 02:58 AM

View Postspeedwings, on Jan 26 2008, 05:16 PM, said:

thanks roberto  ;)

Sure man, anytime  :lol:
Best Regards

Roberto
SJO/MROC

Posted Image

#34 AHPC

AHPC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 12:38 PM

Hello everyone,
i am a new member of the forum and so i like to introduce myself shortly. My name is Gerhardt and i live in Spain.  We are building a A320 Cockpit, which is now still in basic stadium, which means that the main structure of the shell is done, the MIP with two 19" LCD-Monitors , part of the Gearlever section, the main structure of the Glareshield and Sidestickareas are done as well. Because we are still struggeling with an good Flightmodel I like to ask you, if there will be Offsets published for use with a Flightdeck. If so it will be highly interesting. Even now I am waiting for the release, because what I have seen until now looks much better than everything else in Airbus.  

I would appreciate very much if you can give a short response, because I know there are a lot more builders that are looking for a quite good alternative to e.g. PM or AST which are really not even cheap. And on the other hand, other companies like e.g. PSS do not publish Offsets, so far.

Regards
Gerhardt

#35 jimmy44

jimmy44

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 03:47 PM

Hi Nik, great to hear there is another high quality aircraft sim coming up  - one of the failings I find with current virtual cockpits for FS9, PMDG 747 and Level D included, is the lack of 'in cockpit realism' - somehow virtual cockpit just don't look or feel realisitc. I think one of the reasons for this is the poor or in most cases, non existent window reflection simulation. In almost all virtual cockpits there is no front window reflections, which makes it look like the aircraft has no glass windows at all. Simulating the feeling you are looking through glass is important because it gives the virtual pilot an 'enclosed' feel, which is true to life of course. The PMDG 747 is almost perfect, but is let down by the lack of forward glass reflection. Can I ask, will the new airbus have accurate window reflection simulation, particularly on the front windows?
Many thanks

#36 samdim

samdim

AirSimmer team

• AirSimmer team
  • 898 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 10:14 AM

Hi, we have already discussed this question. Reflections are great but they are difficult (impossible) to render in FS. In fact, the FS graphical engine doesn't allow to make dynamic reflections, so one can paint static reflections as they appear from the captain's seat. Now imagine how will they look when you move to the FO's seat. Completely unrealistic and disturbing. The amount of the reflection has to change depending on the luminosity, another impossible wish. Moreover, semi-transparent textures on the cockpit windows have negative impact on framerates. We will certainly have a subtle reflection of the window frames but not more.
Posted Image

#37 jimmy44

jimmy44

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 10:32 AM

View Postsamdim, on Feb 1 2008, 10:14 AM, said:

Hi, we have already discussed this question. Reflections are great but they are difficult (impossible) to render in FS. In fact, the FS graphical engine doesn't allow to make dynamic reflections, so one can paint static reflections as they appear from the captain's seat. Now imagine how will they look when you move to the FO's seat. Completely unrealistic and disturbing. The amount of the reflection has to change depending on the luminosity, another impossible wish. Moreover, semi-transparent textures on the cockpit windows have negative impact on framerates. We will certainly have a subtle reflection of the window frames but not more.

Hi Samdim, apologies for bringing up an old subject, I'm new to the forum and havn't had a chance to go through the other posts - thanks also for your comprehensive reply, and I understand completely what you are saying about implementing dynamic reflections. I thought it must be an issue with the FS engine. I think just a hint of relection, i.e with the window frame as you mentioned, is all that is required. All it needs is a suggestion to create the illusion. Thanks again a best of luck with the rest of the project!

James

#38 Axel31

Axel31

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 07:51 PM

I can see in the supported os list
-Windows Vista
-Windows xp sp2
The question is:
WILL YOUR SOFT WORK WITH THE X64 VERSION OF THEM?  :blink:
Regards:
Ruben Aranda

#39 Pelusa

Pelusa

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 11:46 PM

View PostAxel31, on Feb 22 2008, 08:51 PM, said:

I can see in the supported os list
-Windows Vista
-Windows xp sp2
The question is:
WILL YOUR SOFT WORK WITH THE X64 VERSION OF THEM?  :blink:
Regards:
Ruben Aranda

I guess so. However, the question is of the software will take full advantage of the 64 bit processor.
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Nederlands (Dutch) || Intel Core 2 Quad-Core Q8300 (2.5GHz,1333MHz,4MB) ||Graphics : 1024 MB nVidia GeForce GT220 || Thrustmaster Cougar Joystick with HALLSENSOR mod || Memory Dual Channel 4GB (4x1024MB) 800Mhz DDR2 || Screen Resolution 1600 x 1024 || M3 MicroTouch MT7 touchscreen overlay interface

#40 Roberto

Roberto

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 07:01 AM

Basically you can execute 32 bit software in a 64-bit environment without any problems. I've tested Vista 64-bit and XP-64-bit in my computer and everything work fine with FS2004 and FSX running Wilco Vol 1 and Vol .2. One if the main advantages with Vista is that you can have 8GB of RAM installed on your system, 1GB for system resources, the rest for the joy of FSX. It runs pretty smooth, around 70 FPS average, with Wilco, scenery, terrain mesh installed and of course SATA Disks and a good VC
Best Regards

Roberto
SJO/MROC

Posted Image