Air Simmer Support Forum Rules and PoliciesHello, and welcome to the AirSimmer Support Forum!
This discussion board is established to provide an effective communication platform between you, the AirSimmer Team and other Forum Members. In order to make your experience as pleasant and smooth as possible and to prevent any possible problems, we ask that all of our Members follow the Rules we have outlined here. Please take a moment to go over them to make sure you understand all of them. Should you have any questions regarding the Rules, please don't hesitate to contact any one of the Forum Moderators by using the Private Message function.
Thank you and we wish you a pleasant time on the AirSimmer Support Forums!
1. General Information
- 1.1 Registration and participation in discussions on the AirSimmer Support Forum is free of charge and does not require purchase of any product
- 1.2 Access to some areas of the Forum, such as the Technical Support Forum, is restricted to Verified Customers only and requires purchase of the AirSimmer Product(s)
- 1.3 By registering and participating in discussions on the AirSimmer Support Forum (the 'Forum'), every Member agrees to abide by the Rules outlined in this document.
- 1.4 Monitoring the discussions and enforcing the Rules is the responsibility of the Moderators. However, due to the volume of the messages, it is impossible for the Moderators to review every message posted on the Forum, therefore every Member is asked to report any suspected violations of the Rules by using the 'Report Post to a Moderator" function.
AirSimmer has a zero-tolerance policy on posts containing:
- 2.1 Racist, sexist, or otherwise offensive or discriminative comments
- 2.2 Foul Language
- 2.3 Attacks, insults, or threats directed at either persons or organizations
- 2.4 Sexual, erotic, or pornographic material
- 2.5 Any form of advertisement or promotion of products or services (without prior permission from the AirSimmer Team)
- 2.6 Discussions of software piracy. This includes discussions of P2P networks.
Posts found containing any of the above will be deleted immediately, and the responsible Member will be warned and/or banned.
Please refer to these guidelines when posting on the Forum:
- 3.1 Be polite
- 3.2 Stay on discussion topic.
- 3.3 Do not spam, flood or flame on the Forum
- 3.4 Whenever possible, avoid short, often meaningless posts containing just one word or a smiley (emoticon), e.g. posts containing only 'lol', 'omg', 'ha-ha-ha', ' ' etc.
- 3.5 Only click the 'SEND' button once. Clicking the button more than once will cause 'double posting', which may inconvenience other Members.
- 3.6 If you do not get a reply to a posted question within 24 hours, you can 'bump' the thread so it moves up to the top of the thread list.
- 3.7 It is generally perceived that writing in all capitals represents SHOUTING. Please, don't shout.
- 3.8 Please don't ask us about any timelines (yes, this includes release dates). We will make appropriate announcements as soon as we have this information.
- 3.9 Focus all discussions on AirSimmer product(s). We do not discuss or support discussions of other developers' products. Threads that go off-topic and evolve into discussions of products by other developers will be locked or removed at the discretion of the Moderators.
- 3.10 Avoid political, religious and other inherently controversial discussions. These discussions are considered off-topic and will be locked and/or removed at the discretion of the Moderators.
4. Signatures, Pictures and Other Graphics
You may include graphics with your post. This may include avatars, signatures and in-post images. When posting images, please make sure that the image dimensions are less than or equal to:
- 4.1 750 pixels in width and 750 pixels in height for in-post images
- 4.2 350 pixels in width and 75 pixels in height for signatures
- 4.3 100 pixels in width and 100 pixels in height for avatars
While post attachments are disabled, you may still link to images you want to appear in your post by using the Image function of the Forum or using the [IMG] tags.
Images you post or link to must not contain:
- 4.5 Nudity
- 4.6 Violence
- 4.7 Racist, sexist, or otherwise offensive or discriminative messages
- 4.8 Advertising or promotion of products or services (without prior permission from the AirSimmer Team)
- 4.9 Copyrighted material (e.g. pictures from Airliners.Net), unless the copyright belongs to you
Posts found containing any of the above items will be deleted immediately, and the responsible Member will be warned and/or banned.
Please follow these rules and guidelines to maintain a civilized, mature discussion board for everybody's enjoyment. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding.
1.1 A Moderator may:
- 1.1.1 Freely express his (her) opinion;
- 1.1.2 Ask questions, related to the thread or forum;
- 1.1.3 Participate in discussions.
1.2 A Moderator shall:
- 1.2.1 Be familiar with the Extended Team Handbook;
- 1.2.2 Moderate forums that he or she has been assigned to;
- 1.2.3 Obey Forum Rules;
- 1.2.4 Be unbiased and respectful to all forum members without exceptions, always striving to be polite and diplomatic;
- 1.2.5 Respond quickly to reports of Forum Rules violations reported by forum users and carry out necessary actions;
- 1.2.6 Maintain strict adherence to Forum Rules when moderating;
- 1.2.7 Respond to a complaint about his or her actions submitted by a forum member within 10 business days, unless prevented in doing so by extraordinary circumstances.
2. Moderator privileges and responsibilities
AirSimmer has a zero-tolerance policy on posts containing:
- 2.1 Racist, sexist, ageist, or otherwise offensive or discriminative comments;
- 2.2 Foul Language;
- 2.3 Attacks, insults, or threats directed at either persons or organizations, including direct or indirect insults or perjorative or atagonistic language directed at other forum members, groups of forum members who aspouse views different from that of the poster, moderators, members of AirSimmer staff, as well as other add-on developers;
- 2.4 Sexual, erotic, or pornographic material;
- 2.5 Any form of advertisement or promotion of products or services (without prior permission from the AirSimmer Team);
- 2.6 Discussions of software piracy. This includes discussions of P2P networks;
- 2.7 Posts found containing any of the above shall be immediately hidden by the Moderator. Whenever possmainder portion of the post intact. The responsible Member shall be issued a formal warning by the Moderator. The Moderator shall send the poster a private message, listing the vioalation and action taken;
2.8 In response to any post that violates Forum Rules, a Moderator may take the following actions, provided that he or she forwards a private message to the responsible Member, detailing the nature of the perceived violation:
- 2.8.1 Edit posts and threads of other users;
- 2.8.2 Edit topic titles, if the topic title violates Forum Rules;
- 2.8.3 Remove posts or parts of posts by setting them invisible;
- 2.8.4 Hide double posts;
- 2.8.5 Impose sanctions against repeat offenders by issuing warnings and by recommending a temporary or permanent ban of the responsible member to Forum Administrators;
- 2.8.6 Impose sanctions against any forum member in violation of Forum Rules, even if the violation occurred in a forum or thread outside of the moderator's direct sphere of responsibility.
2.9 In the course of performing his or her duties, a Moderator may:
- 2.9.1 Close open threads, if their subject matter violates Forum Rules, if the thread irreparably veers off-topic, or if the topic has been exhausted. To avoid rash decisions, prior to locking a topic, a Moderator is required to get a second opinion from a fellow Moderator or Forum administrator;
- 2.9.2 Open closed topics, if the Moderator Team determines that topic closure was inappropriate;
- 2.9.3 Move topics, if a particular topic is more suitable for another Forum or Subforum;
- 2.9.4 Move posts, if a particular post is more suitable for an existing thread;
- 2.9.5 Split topics, if posts within one thread address two destinctly different topics;
- 2.9.6 Merge topics, if two different threads exist which cover similar or same subject matter (redundant, or duplicate topics);
- 2.9.7 Set topics open time at the request of Forum Administrators;
- 2.9.8 Set topics close time at the request of Forum Administrators;
- 2.9.9 Pin/unpin topics, at his or her discretion.
These actions shall be taken with the sole purpose of promoting order, clarity and an atmosphere of civility, respect and mutual cooperation among Forum Members. As such, these actions are always subject to administrative review. Grievances against Moderators shall be reported to Forum Administrators via e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org , with the subject line listed as "Moderator Grievance".
3. Addressing posting violations
3.1 In the course of performing his or her duties, a Moderator shall not:
- 3.1.1 Remove topics by using "Delete Topics" function;
- 3.1.2 Increase a person's warning level to 100%, without first consulting with Forum Administrators;
- 3.1.3 Disable a person's posting ability for a period in excess of 7 days (or indefinitely), without first consulting with Forum Administrators.
3.2 Imposition of warnings and sanctions:
- 3.2.1 Definitions of violation types:
- 184.108.40.206 A "Non-Aggressive" violation is a violation of items 2.5 and 2.6 (if 2 or less violations of this section occur within a 24 hour period), and item 2.2 (if not directed at a person, persons or an organization) of the Forum Rules.
- 220.127.116.11 An "Aggressive" violation is a violation listed under items 2.1, 2.2 (directed at a person, persons or an organization), and 2.3 of Forum Rules.
- 18.104.22.168 A "Serious" violation is a violation listed under items 2.4 and 2.6 of Forum Rules (if more than 2 violations of this type occur within a 24 hour period)
- 3.2.2 Punitive actions
In the course of performing his or hers duties, a Moderator shall not resort to punitive measures greater than the measures outlined in this section without discussing the matter with Forum Administrators.
If the violator's warn level is 0%:
- 22.214.171.124 For a Non-Aggressive Violations, a private message should be sent to the violator, quoting the content of the offensive post (or portion thereof), as well as the section of Forum Rules which addresses that type of violation.
- 126.96.36.199 For an Aggressive Violation, the violator's warn level should be increased by 20%.
- 188.8.131.52 For a Serious Violation, the violator's warn level should be increased by 20%, his or her posting ability disabled for 3 days and a notification sent to Forum Administrators detailing the offense and the action taken by the Moderator.
If the violator's warn level is higher than 0%:
- 184.108.40.206 For Non-Aggressive Violations, violator's warn level should be increased by 20% up to the maximum of 80%
- 220.127.116.11 For Aggressive Violations, the violator's warn level should be increased by 20% up to the maximum of 80%, and the violator's posting ability revoked for 3 days
- 18.104.22.168 For a Serious Violation, the violator's warn level should be increased by 20% up to the maximum of 80%, the violator's posting ability revoked for 7 days, and a notification sent to Forum Administrators detailing the offense and the action taken by the Moderator.<BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break">
4. Languages other than English
For the sake of clarity, all communication in the Extended Team Forums should be conducted English.
5. Resignation & Termination Procedure.
An ET Moderator may tender his or her resignation at any time and for any reason.
AirSimmer reserves the right to remove any moderator at any time for inactivity, violation of Forum Rules and for any other cause it deems appropriate. <BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break">
- The AirSimmer Team