24 replies to this topic

#1 Airsimmer_Captain

Airsimmer_Captain

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:42 PM

Hey there guys. Just want to say, FANTASTIC AIRCRAFT. Have had the Airsimmer A320 for nearly a year now, it hasn't let me down in any massive ways. I managed to solve frame rates so it's all good. I was just wondering, I have the Airsimmer A320 BASIC edition, and was wondering if I could purchase the other models? Like for example have the A318, A319 and A321 on top of the A320. Would also be willing to pay for the extra aircraft! :)
Posted Image
Nobody does it like Airbus

#2 FLEX1978

FLEX1978

Guru

• Customer Support
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2007 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 06:59 AM

I'm going to fire off an email about this, the models have been ready for quite some time now.

Regards
Rob Prest

Posted Image

#3 Airsimmer_Captain

Airsimmer_Captain

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:32 PM

View PostFLEX1978, on 18 May 2012 - 06:59 AM, said:

I'm going to fire off an email about this, the models have been ready for quite some time now.

Regards

Hmm yeh I saw... Would love those planes... Could you reply with any information on how to obtain these? Cheers :)
Posted Image

#4 FLEX1978

FLEX1978

Guru

• Customer Support
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2007 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 03:17 PM

They are definitely not ready to purchase. Will let you know what feedback I get.
Rob Prest

Posted Image

#5 Airsimmer_Captain

Airsimmer_Captain

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 03:32 PM

View PostFLEX1978, on 18 May 2012 - 03:17 PM, said:

They are definitely not ready to purchase. Will let you know what feedback I get.
Alright thank you ... Also just another quick question... The Airsimmer A320 soundpack... Great as it is (In my opinion, others may disagree) but is there a PTU sound in it? Maybe I need to press something for it to come up? Thanks for the help so far

PTU SOUND: (Go to 28 seconds into the video :) )
Posted Image

#6 FLEX1978

FLEX1978

Guru

• Customer Support
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2007 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 03:51 PM

Hey,

You cant hear the PTU from the flightdeck hense why it is not included. If you really do want to hear it then have a look at some of the soundpacks on Avsim.

I should probably add those soundpacks wont have the PTU sound tied to hydraulics.

Regards
Rob Prest

Posted Image

#7 jaguado

jaguado

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2163 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:48 PM

IMHO The PTU warrants enough demand to find a way for someone to include it... Every now and then someone asks for it. iFly had a similar issue with the pax chymes, some said they can't be heard from the cockpit, so they "muted" it, but then a lot of people asked for it back, so they created another soundfile where you could hear the sound for it to be used by the people who wanted to hear it. In the end, everybody happy.
Posted Image
Core i5 4670K, 8GB ram DDR3, nVdia GTX750i, windows 8.1 64bit, Fs9.1
resolution 1920x1080.

#8 cassiano

cassiano

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:46 PM

have any prediction for the whole family out?

#9 dkinder5063

dkinder5063

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:27 PM

When will we see the additional models advertised to us when we purchased this product?

#10 Vitor Bozola

Vitor Bozola

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:19 PM

I'm still waiting..

You are deceiving all your customers.

#11 opl340

opl340

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:Plane and glider piloting

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:38 PM

it's not because everybody asks for the PTU sound in the cockpit that it shall be included.
In the real aircraft, you will never hear the PTU sound in the cockpit but in the following : cabin not furnished and cockpit door opened, and a sharp ear...
so no need to waste time and money to develop it. better use this time/money to improve the a/c systems ;)
AirSimmer test team pilot
Intel QX9550 QuadCore @2.83Ghz; nVidia 8800GTX 768Mo; 4Go PC6400 CL2 4-4-3-5 G-Skill; Saitek X52 ; windows 7 64bits

Posted Image

#12 jaguado

jaguado

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2163 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:34 PM

View Postopl340, on 19 May 2013 - 12:38 PM, said:

it's not because everybody asks for the PTU sound in the cockpit that it shall be included.
In the real aircraft, you will never hear the PTU sound in the cockpit but in the following : cabin not furnished and cockpit door opened, and a sharp ear...
so no need to waste time and money to develop it. better use this time/money to improve the a/c systems ;)

Aerosoft included it in the A320 and nobody's moaned about it. Besides, it's probably as simple as writing one line of code... When the PTU is used (And that is already written since I see it every time I start the engines) write that extra line for the sound to be played and then you can implement a mute sound file to keep the realism junkies happy, and include the ptu sound file to download somwhere to keep the rest happy. Believe me, if I knew how to hack the panel config files I would do it myself.
Posted Image
resolution 1920x1080.

#13 opl340

opl340

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:04 PM

after it depends on what type of add on you want : realistic one, compliant with real aircraft behavior : no PTU sound from cockpit (only from cabin). The Airsimmer project was born in this single objective.
If you want an aircraft inspired by a real one but bringing everything no matter what is the real behavior, then PTU sound in the cockpit. Then, use wilco or aerosoft...
Intel QX9550 QuadCore @2.83Ghz; nVidia 8800GTX 768Mo; 4Go PC6400 CL2 4-4-3-5 G-Skill; Saitek X52 ; windows 7 64bits

Posted Image

#14 opl340

opl340

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:07 PM

View PostAirsimmer_Captain, on 18 May 2012 - 03:32 PM, said:

View PostFLEX1978, on 18 May 2012 - 03:17 PM, said:

Alright thank you ... Also just another quick question... The Airsimmer A320 soundpack... Great as it is (In my opinion, others may disagree) but is there a PTU sound in it? Maybe I need to press something for it to come up? Thanks for the help so far

PTU SOUND: (Go to 28 seconds into the video :) )

As we hear some other people around, this was certainly recorded from the cabin.
It is normal to hear the PTU from the cabin (almost sit on it ^^)

Posted Image

#15 jaguado

jaguado

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2163 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:16 AM

I still maintain that it could be done and maintained as an option so that realsim junkies can feel that they are doing what they have never actually done in real life, where as the rest can enjoy familiar things that they HAVE heard in real life. Aerosoft didn't get shot for doing it and their A320 is selling well...
Posted Image
resolution 1920x1080.

#16 Airsimmer_Captain

Airsimmer_Captain

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:28 AM

Okay... Maybe it can't be heard in the cockpit, but it's a nice little feature to have... I mean look at Wilco for example. Their A320 series has the PTU in the main panel so you can hear it...
Posted Image

#17 flyhop

flyhop

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:40 PM

HI,
everyone
Will 2013 be airsimmer a320 for fsx

#18 wad53

wad53

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:28 AM

View Postopl340, on 22 May 2013 - 09:04 PM, said:

after it depends on what type of add on you want : realistic one, compliant with real aircraft behavior : no PTU sound from cockpit (only from cabin). The Airsimmer project was born in this single objective.

I'm ok with this logic, but it would be soooo nice to actually see some sign of the "upgraded" product being progressed (or at least an indication of whether it is ever likely to be released publically).

#19 Emil Serafino Jr.

Emil Serafino Jr.

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:53 PM

I was promised a free copy of the AirSimmer A320 many moons ago, and was never provided with what I signed in contract for. I just purchased the product last night because as an FS9 users, even though I have to develop for FSX... I wanted to see what it was all about.

Because I knew I was never getting my free copy the same way I am equally concerned now of never receiving the models as advertised.
Everyone knows the advanced version is never going to come out, but it would be an injustice for you guys to close up shop one day before at least even providing them for purchase.

I still enjoy the sim from time to time as a customer, and that's why I'm here.

But it would be a huge shame if you guys can't get your "stuff" together and deliver to everyone what was promised.
I know how things work behind the scenes but as an outsider looking in knowing how things go down, I'm not OK on how all of this has transpired regarding the extra models... nevermind what I was promised.
Posted Image

#20 Emil Serafino Jr.

Emil Serafino Jr.

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:57 PM

For what is worth, for what is modeled and done although incomplete. It is a WONDERFUL product from that standpoint.

Mike Killed it with the sounds and the VC is off the charts good. Just a shame as noted above your restricted to one model.
Posted Image