Tino

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 10:03 PM

lol
Posted Image
"For once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long to return." (Leonardo da Vinci)
Core2Duo 8500+ 3.16Ghz, Nvidia GTX295 OC2, 4GB DDR3, P-5ND Motherboard, Soundblaster 7.1, 2x Raptor 300GB in Raid0, Apevia Cold Case, HP w2207h Monitor

#22 GADGET

GADGET

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:56 AM

View Postap1190, on Jan 6 2009, 11:34 AM, said:

Hi,

Do we need to Arm the speed brakes on approach? I think i remember reading somewhere that they armed automatically but also read they could be armed manually.

Thanks

Sorry if this has been answered before (long thread anyways), but this is the answer:

When setting FLAPS 3 for landing (about 1500-2000 ft AGL), also SPEED MANAGED setting and SPOILERS ARMED go together.

#23 GADGET

GADGET

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 09:02 AM

View PostTheCosmicFrog, on Jan 30 2009, 11:23 PM, said:

In a perfect world, the ground spoilers would come up as soon as the main gear touches the ground, since this would "pin" the aircraft to the ground and prevent ballooning.

Actually A320-family ground spoilers are the best I have ever flown... that makes grease-landig these beasts quite easy... is very very common to get imperceptible touch downs with those aircraft, when on the right hands.

I just wish all other thing on the aircraft would be as good also... (in a perfect-not world)

#24 woofalong

woofalong

Scholar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 10:37 PM

I know this thread has been dead for a while. But i just read something that answers this comment in an airbus manual:

"Note: - In autoland, the ground spoilers fully extend at half speed one second after both main landing gears touch down"

That might explain the late looking/slow rising spoilers in some videos and not others.

On another note, Will the speed brake be realistic in their angle of extension during flight, i.e. difference between extension angles between flying manual and autopilot?

i.e. 40 degrees for 3+4 and 20 degrees for spoler 2 during manual flight

and 25 degrees for 3+4 / 12.5 for spoilers 2

Also, will the speed brake simulate high speed retraction with auto pilot on? i.e. retraction from full takes 25 seconds.

Just interested, would be very surpised if any of that is simulated to be honest :P

#25 knack

knack

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 02:39 AM

View PostGADGET, on Apr 12 2009, 07:02 PM, said:

Actually A320-family ground spoilers are the best I have ever flown... that makes grease-landig these beasts quite easy... is very very common to get imperceptible touch downs with those aircraft, when on the right hands.

Greased landings are not airline SOPs...in fact they are discouraged.  Especially on wet/contaminated runways.

Cheers,
Tony

#26 wvalderramac24

wvalderramac24

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:01 PM

Hi
I have this problem

Posted Image

Some solution?? Thanks