3 replies to this topic

#1 shorthauler

shorthauler

Scholar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 07:33 AM

Is it possible to control Airsimmer through any hardware at all?

Can Airsimmer be controlled via FSUIPC offsets?

Am I correct in assuming that the key assignment feature in the tablet is a mock-up for future versions and is not yet operational?

Best regards,
Holger

#2 pschlute

pschlute

Scholar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 07:47 AM

Yes. I use CH throttle quad and rudder pedals. For aileron/elevator control I use a joystick. It will work with a yoke as well, but joystick works better in my opinion as you only need small inputs.

Important thing is to use FS9 controlls to assign aileron/elevator and throttle. If you try to use FSUIPC the sim does not like it.

You can use FSUIPC assignment/calibration for rudder/brakes.

For flaps/spoiler and all button controls (HDG +/- ; HDG pull/push for example) I found it best to creat mouse macros in FSUIPC and they work fine.

Peter

#3 shorthauler

shorthauler

Scholar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 08:25 AM

Thanks, Peter. I forgot to mention that I am using joysticks for the axis and this works fine. What I was looking for was to control buttons such as lights on/off etc as you will find it in the key assignment section.

I am using a 3D cockpit with track IR, so unfortunately mouse macros will not work for me.

Seems like one of the areas where Airsimmer was left incomplete. Too bad, otherwise it's such a fine piece of software ...

Best regards,
Holger

#4 FLEX1978

FLEX1978

Guru

• Customer Support
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2007 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 06:39 AM

Hi Holger,

Yes Key assignments should work fine. I have multiple assignments through the tablet

Regards
Rob Prest

Posted Image