Some issues regarding Airsimmer A320
Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:01 AM
I purchased this add-on A320 a few years back and now I'm utilizing it 200% along wiht my type rating course.
it's surprising to realize how accurate it works and all the sounds, alerts, logics are very similar to the real A320.
the list below is about just a few little things I've noticed..
1. After landing, when you leave your FLAPS LEVER at '1' position it displays accordingly on E/WD
When you start your APU and switch off ENG MASTERs for parking, it suddenly displays FLAPS 3 on E/WD
2. FO panel works fine but if you zoom in FO ND panel by clicking it, it's fixed to ROSE NAV 20NM with ADF1/2
EFIS control or RAD NAV selection on MCDU is not applied on this ND view mode although it works fine on normal ND panel
3. When you activate ALTN F-PLN, FS9 crashes all the time.
4. whenever I touch the OVHD INTEG LT knob, FS9 crashs everytime.
5. A PROT barber pole is increasing much faster with increasing AoA than the FFS, thus A.FLOOR is prone to kick in too early.
6. It would be so much better if it has INIT B, PROG, FUEL FRED + USE MAN PITCH TRIM & USE MAN PITCH TRIM ONLY on PFD
Is there anyone else who has the same problem or is it just mine?
Please advise me if there's any patch or new version that resolves these issues.
Mine's up to date with V1.4.0 as far as I know.
p.s. I'm sorry if this is an incorrect bulletin board to post this, if so, I apologize to those who I might have annoyed with this post.
This support section is a bit more confusing than the newly released landing distance table from AIRBUS.
Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:51 PM
Any tech issues should be posted on the tech support forum, most things have been covered in the pinned topics, if you need any assistance let me know.
1. As im sure you are aware, switching off both engines without turning on the Yellow elec pump will result in a complete loss of hydraulic pressure after a few seconds, if the flaps where at config 1 or higher, gravity will force them to droop to config 2 or higher. ECAM will show the sensed flap position.
The only time you should need to leave flap config 1 is when operating in temps above 30c or after landing in heavy snow or slush.
2. please post this on the tech forum
3. Same as above
4. post on tech forum stating your specs, 99% of the time this a GPU issue
5. Test that I have performed regarding Alpha floor have proved to be quite accurate, keep in mind there are a multitude of variables including gross weight, cg, altitude, bank angle, G load etc etc, these all affect how the sim behaves.
Even LVL-D simulators struggle when it comes to accuracy on the edge of the normal envelope so if you are using this or any other high end FS add on for your type rating it is best to see it at as a systems logic guide.
6. These pages are only available on the Advanced version for ET members at the moment.
If you need help navigating the forums let me know.
Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:33 AM
Thank you so much for your reply and advice.
Like I said, I love Airsimmer and am very satified with its accuracy in so many details.
To bother you furthermore if I may, first of all, our airline SOP says we should leave FLAPS at position 1 at all times regardless of OAT in our base airport and checking FLAPS position as preliminary prep is to confirm FLAPS 1+F or call MAINT so I'm not too sure whether the pressure loss of Y SYS will result in releasing HYD pressure on FLAPS extending them further to position 3.
Secondly, it only shows BASIC version for FS9 as I see on the website, is the advance version available already? if so, where and how can I purchase it? or upgrade it? also could you please tell me what ET member means and how I can become an ET member?
Lastly, I wish if I could post this on TECH and of course that's what initially came in my mind but all three forums in the bottom section displays nothing but this meassge below...
Sorry, we couldn't find that!
You do not have permission to view this forum.
- Our help documentation
- Contact the community administrator
Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:52 PM
Regarding the flaps logic, check with your company and keep in mind it may depend on what version of aircraft you have in your fleet. I know out here in the middle east during the summer you may see ECAM warnings regarding the wing bleed ducts if you leave the flaps up during the turn around.
This simulation was based on a Jet blue A320-214, as far as I am aware the hydraulic and flap logic I mentioned above is correct. I will have a look into the FCOM the confirm this, I do know other high end addons behave the same with no hydraulic pressure in unusual configs
Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:10 AM
Well I also have tried that first but it was not possible to type in a user name that's permitted by the system so I gave up.
I tried my ID here, reg #, activation code and everything but nothing was accepted.
No clues what I'm supposed to type in and that's why I said it's confusing to explore this forum.
Any idea which username might be allowed in my case?
You're stationed at Bahrain and Qatar? which airline is it?
I'm in Bahrain now as well staying at a hotel very close to GAA until the day after tomorrow.
Sure, you can contact me by e-mail or anything-