#1 craneduitre

craneduitre

Scholar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 04:10 PM

Hi,

Looks like Air France will annonce in the next days a new livery.
Are the AS will be updated accordingly ?  :)

#2 thepilot

thepilot

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 04:44 PM

View Postcraneduitre, on Jan 8 2009, 05:10 PM, said:

Hi,

Looks like Air France will annonce in the next days a new livery.
Are the AS will be updated accordingly ?  :)

Source?

#3 craneduitre

craneduitre

Scholar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 04:49 PM

http://www.aeroconta...elle~07634.html

#4 Ali Hoteit

Ali Hoteit

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 11:29 PM

Unfortunately..they don't show us what it'll look like..I wonder how..the current livery lasted aloot of years
ALI

Posted Image

Who Said Cedars Only Grow at 1850 Meters only ?

System Specs : Intel Core 2 Duo CPU @ 2.17 GHZ , 3 GB RAM , Windows Xp 32-bit SP3, ATI RADEON HD 3470 Graphics 256 MG, FS9.1 No-Cd Version , 1280x800 , Airsimmer 0.7.0

#5 James

James

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:03 AM

I have seen the first Air France A380 at the production line and the livery looks the usual one. Is it possible that they change livery and the first A380 will still have the old one?
Posted Image
Core i7 - 920 @ 3.6 GHz - 6 GB RAM - Win 7 64
Nvidia GTX 285 - Iiyama 26" @ 1920 x 1200

#6 thepilot

thepilot

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:47 AM

View PostJames, on Jan 9 2009, 11:03 AM, said:

I have seen the first Air France A380 at the production line and the livery looks the usual one. Is it possible that they change livery and the first A380 will still have the old one?

I've seen it, too and the livery is definitely the same.
I would expect that a possible new one is a little less white... since white is not exactly the color that looks good in dirty condition.

#7 Toma

Toma

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 11:46 AM

The AF A380 tail design is not a problem, they will repaint it later.
The new livery is very different from the old one as the article says. Can't wait !!!
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T6500 2.1 GHz, 4,0Gb RAM, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570, Vista SP2
Posted Image

#8 craneduitre

craneduitre

Scholar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:01 PM

it might look like this

#9 A32x Flier

A32x Flier

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 01:17 PM

Craneduitre, if you're always giving French URL, nobody from the forum will understand what you mean. So please be careful about this in the future because we are only few french people compare the the rest of the AS community.

For the time being it is not planned to change current AFR livery even if there are some rumours on websites about that. The actual livery is lasting since 32 years now. If they modify livery it could be like this, very similir to cityjet one.
http://www.airliners...Avro/1449615/L/

AFR only re-painted their A320 tail-registered F-GFKJ
http://www.airliners...-211/1421768/L/
To become this, as it was in 1946 !
http://corporate.air...very/index.html

Additional info:

A320 Type -200 Model -211
Tail Ident F-GFKJ at delivery (same today)
Engines CFM56-5A1
First flight performed on 27 JUN 1989
Delivery done on 1st SEP 1989
As of today the aircraft has 42966 FH / 29515 FC

Concerning the A380, the aircraft has been put outside the production line last week. Only the tail is painted at this stage. Flight test program will start in coming weeks and final livery of this A380 will be the same than actual one.

#10 craneduitre

craneduitre

Scholar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 01:48 PM

Sorry, I gave what I found.
And so far this kind of news is related by french web sites, as french may be a little bit more concerned...
People can feel free to use an online translator (especialy for the second link, which is a picture).

#11 A32x Flier

A32x Flier

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 02:01 PM

View Postcraneduitre, on Jan 9 2009, 02:48 PM, said:

Sorry, I gave what I found.
And so far this kind of news is related by french web sites, as french may be a little bit more concerned...
People can feel free to use an online translator (especialy for the second link, which is a picture).

I disagree, not only the french are traveling with AFR or interested in aeronautics filed. I guess if people were speaking russian or giving russian URL on that forum you would be frustrated not to understand the topic, and I bet you won't use a translator each time you want to understand a sentence because too boring. So, thinking to the other also contribute to a good spirit of the forum. Thanks for your understanding.

#12 craneduitre

craneduitre

Scholar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 02:21 PM

He asked me my source. I gave it to him.  <_<
I always speak english here, and I reported the new in english, but a source is a source. If he is interested, he can investigate...

The news is not official, so only french specialized websites are reporting some parts of "info", because I as said it's concerning their national airline.
I'm sure everybody will report it over the world in all the laguages when it will be official, if it will...
I can't ask the journalist to write an english version of the article because it's boring for the non-french-speaking guys on the air simmer forum.  :P

Anyway, I'll try to be more careful next time ;)

#13 thepilot

thepilot

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 03:05 PM

I'm learning French, so understanding the text was not really a problem for me :)
And, as you say, there was no English source available.
Thanks anyway for the link!

#14 craneduitre

craneduitre

Scholar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 03:19 PM

;)

Good luck with french, not easy stuff...

#15 Toma

Toma

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:25 PM

For the time being it is not planned to change current AFR livery even if there are some rumours on websites about that
How can you say that ?
It's not a rumor I can tell you, but think what you want !  ;)
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T6500 2.1 GHz, 4,0Gb RAM, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570, Vista SP2
Posted Image

#16 FrancoisH

FrancoisH

Scholar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 01:12 AM

View PostA32x Flier, on Jan 9 2009, 03:01 PM, said:

I disagree, not only the french are traveling with AFR or interested in aeronautics filed. I guess if people were speaking russian or giving russian URL on that forum you would be frustrated not to understand the topic, and I bet you won't use a translator each time you want to understand a sentence because too boring. So, thinking to the other also contribute to a good spirit of the forum. Thanks for your understanding.

When someone ask something like "sources", it is always better to give the source, even if it is written with a foreign language. I prefer the real source to any translation made by someone else. If I may understand this kind of remark from any english speaking people, I find that really surprising from a french men like you.

I do respect the fact we have to speak in english on these forums as a "common language" but if you have some link to give to any foreign website with some interesting news, it worth a try to give the link, if you do not forget to put a mention about it before your link.

About rumors, that is true these are still rumors but I think there might be some truth in this one.

Regards.
Posted Image

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 - 2x1Go DDR400 PC3200 - Windows XP SP3 (up to date) - nVidia GeForce 8800 GT 128Mo (178.24) - Sound Blaster Audigy Platinium (Latest)

#17 velocity

velocity

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 05:38 PM

I saw the newe livery, and I have to say it`s stupid to change the current livery.

I saw the new paint on a 777-300ER, and in my opinion it looks ugly.

I think they should maintain the old livery.

#18 Toma

Toma

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 08:31 PM

Where did you see it ? If It's the one on dailymotion, It's a fake !!
Posted Image

#19 jaguado

jaguado

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2158 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:34 PM

Not long ago there where rumours just like these about Iberia changing it's image and some designs came up (something along the lines of "clickair") but the public stepped in quickly saying that "if it isn't broken, why fix it?" in other words, if the actual livery is nice and pretty, and people obviously like it, what is the point of changing it?-

I think these rumours are AF's own doing to see public response. If they see people saying "it's about time" they'll change it, if they don't they'll leave it as it is.
Posted Image
Core i5 4670K, 8GB ram DDR3, nVdia GTX750i, windows 8.1 64bit, Fs9.1
resolution 1920x1080.

#20 velocity

velocity

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 06:16 PM

yes on dailymotion, and I hope it`s a fake :)